Areas of Interest & Priority
The members of the Executive Committee of the Foundation's Board of Trustees are dedicated to:
- Promoting the development of fuller human potential and achievement of self-sufficiency through educational opportunities;
- Strengthening organizations, educational institutions and their facilities to provide greater access and more effective services in relation to formal education programs;
- Helping to facilitate continuum of services that would result in the greatest impact for participants and overall organizational results by providing funding for programs and services among various nonprofit organizations with similar missions; promoting a reduction in duplication of services while encouraging working relationships and "partnerships";
- Providing consideration of support for those causes that inherently espouse a similar mission, as well as related goals, beliefs and values of St. John Properties and the Edward St. John Foundation.
The Foundation will give consideration to:
- Educational institutions seeking to improve excellence of academic programs and to provide access for the less affluent to pursue educational opportunities;
- Community and service organizations seeking to reach the underserved, disadvantaged and "at-risk" populations in order to help them achieve fuller participation as contributing members of the community and society through formal education programs through the high school level.